Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default 2 Questions about Excel Charts

1. There are two good, free add-ins that perform this task nicely:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

2. You could put a button on the chart, the button runs a macro, and the
macro uses an input box to get information from the user. Or you could use a
scrollbar, and set the max to something huge, like 100,000; divide this by
1000 to allow nearly continuous variation between 0 and 100. You can link a
textbox on the chart to the cell that contains the calculated value.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"KenF" wrote in message
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third
column,
I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these
states
on the chart (without manually entering each)?

2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number
(without
switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA
for
a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for
discrete
numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How
do
I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart?

Thank you,
Ken