Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] brotherescott@yahoo.com is offline

Default Custom Cell format to mimic time format

I have a time sheet that you enter times into and then it subtracts one
time from another and shows the seconds between each time. I want them
to be able to enter the time like 3.20 for 3 minutes and 20 seconds
instead of having them type in a colon each time to seperate the
minutes and seconds. My formula that subtracts the two "times" takes
the ingeger part and multiples times 60 and the decimal part gets added
as they are seconds.

Here is what some of my data looks like. Each time is the end of a step
that is preformed for each run.

Run #1 Run #2
Find part Time 1.25 2.55
Seconds 85 60
Load part Time 1.5 3.2
Seconds 25 25
Process part Time 1.55 3.25
Seconds 5 5

If you have any other ideas I would apprecaite to hear them.

Thanks Scott