Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Pivot Table Data Problem

As a guess one set of data is numbers and the other is text... The number 5
is very different from the text string "5". Try to convert them all to number
or text.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave S" wrote:

I have created a data set from several (5) different worksheets with the aim
of using a pivot table to sort and collate the data. This is something I have
done many times before.

In this instance when I create the Pivot Table one section of the data is
read by Excel as if it was a a set of different numbers. So I get a Pivot
Table with 4 sets of data collated correctly and one collated as if the
numbers were different.

The only different operation carried out on this particular data set is that
the (part) numbers contained "-"'s so I have used replace to remove the -
with null.

I cannot see how this data is different yet Excel does!

Any ideas please....