Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duncs Duncs is offline

Default Can you write your own NETWORKDAYS function?

Don,

Your formula works, the only problem being, my spreadsheet does not
automatically update.

Is this a problem due to the lack of the analysis toolpak?

Duncs

Don Guillett wrote:
try this where a1 is start and b1 is end

=SUM(INT((WEEKDAY(A1-{2,3,4,5,6})+B1-A1)/7))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Duncs" wrote in message
ups.com...
For one reason or another, which no one can seem to answer, we cannot
access the "Analysis Toolpak" addin. It isn't there to install, and
our systems guys refuse to run the setup program to make it available
due to, "a possibility of possible system instability", or some such
garbage reason! I've argued until I'm blue in the face, but it makes
no difference. They wont install it.

So, my next mission is to see if I can write one, or if someone else
has written one. I need it for a spreadsheet I'm creating, and can't
think of a way round it.

So, if anyone has any ideas / suggestions / hints / tips / pointers /
code lying around that would help me, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks

Duncs