Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shirish Shirish is offline

Default Applying J-Walk's SheetOffset() to SUM across sheets - possible?

dear all,
am new to the group (few days old), so apologies for any repitition -
pls guide me to the previous strings in that case.

I am aware of J-Walk's SheetOffset function for obtaining a particular
cell/range reference from a different worksheet. what i'm looking for
is something further. First, an analogy from 'normal' excel use:

1. enter 1, 2, 3 in cell A1 of each of the 3 worksheets (Sheet1, Sheet2
and Sheet3)
2. Enter this formula in any of the other cells: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1)
3. Result is obviously 1+2+3 = 6.

I know this works. QUESTION is:
Can i use the above formula so that in place of "Sheet1" and "Sheet3" I
have the SheetOffset() function?
Something like: =SUM(Sheetoffset(0,A1):Sheetoffset(2,A1))?

Thanks,
Shirish