Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lori Lori is offline

Default Calculations in Pivot Table.

If you just want to display the data as divided by 1000 you could use a
custom number format for the field: e.g. '#,' or '#,.000'.

If you choose this for the whole field it should retain the formatting
when pivotted.

Shams wrote:
Folks,
I wanted to know if there is any way that I can divide my Pivot Table data
by 1000. In other words,

Data
+/- lbs +/-Sales
Product
Canine Dry 1,100,000 10,500,000
Feline Dry 500,000 6,500,000

This is a representation of the Pivot Table. I now need to divide the
numbers by 1,000 so that Canine Dry +/- Sales becomes 10,500.

In an Excel worksheet this is easy to do (Copy 1,000 and Edit Special divide
by 1,000 over your data range). I do not want to touch my Original Pivot
Data source.

Thanks for your help.

Shams.