Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Two columns of data in pivot table?

Put Name and SSN in the Row area, and the amount fields in the Data area.
Double-click on the Name field button
In the PivotTable Field dialog box, under Subtotals, select None
Click OK

Mike Campbell wrote:
My raw data includes Name, SSN, Data, Amount1, Amount2. I want the left two
columns to be Name, SSN then Data columns of Amount1, Amount2. If I drag SSN
over, the pivot table creates a sub-total. If I hide the subtotal, the SSNs
disappear. If I drag into the data section, it won't display the SSN.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures