Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default AutoSum

Carmel, changing to number format should work, but you have to reenter the
formula, or double click it, to get it to work
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Carmel R" wrote in message
Newsflash!
As a result of your reply, I've just changed the format to General and
that
sorted the problem! (Why??)

Thanks, Paul!
Carmel

"Paul B" wrote:

Carmel, sounds like the cell is formatted as text, format to something
else,
general or number... and try it again
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Carmel R" wrote in message
Hi Everyone!
In one particular worksheet, when I try to AutoSum a column of numbers,
all
I get is the formula, i.e. "=SUM(A1:A1000)". (If I highlight the
column I
can see the sum at the bottom right hand corner).
Can anyone suggest what I might have done wrong???
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Carmel