Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Deleting an unwanted AutoComplete entry

Select the cells and hit the delete key?????

Are you sure you want to do this?

Arlene wrote:

How do I remove the values from the surrounding cells?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Autocomplete works by inspecting the values in the cells surrounding the
activecell.

The only way I know to remove any value from those autocomplete suggestions is
to remove those values from the surrounding cells.

Arlene wrote:

I have enabled AutoComplete for cell values so that Excel 2003 completes text
entries I start to type in a column of data. If the first few letters you
type match an existing entry in that column, Excel fills in the remaining
text for you. However, how do I delete an AutoComplete entry that I no longer
want and keep the rest?

--

Dave Peterson

--