Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Smudge Smudge is offline

Default Text to Columns

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import data from Mitrefinch TMS system. Data is in form of
clock in times. Data is copied to clipboard and pasted to excel 2003.
Clocking times are pasted as a batch i.e. 4 separate times in one column
separated by commas.

I have tried to put each time into a separate column using text to columns.
Delimited separated by comma. text qualifier {none} Column format set to
general.

When this has been done only the first column has HH:MM format. I have tried
formatting the columns before doing text to columns and after the data has
been moved to the destination cells.

Help! The only reason I'm doing it is to perform calculations on the
clockings so they have to be formatted.

TIA
--
Smudge