Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Simon is offline

Default how to collectly put data in each cell from magnetic card read

Is there programing do this for me with out me to use text to column manually?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

You could use Text-to_Column (on the Data menu) to do this
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"simon" wrote in message
Hi Bernard Liengme
data read from megnetic card reader as following
%BAS49247 ^STRONG/MORRI ^ E61158?
what i want to do is when card scanned
BAS49247 go to column A with out %
STRONG / MORRI go to column B without ^
and E61158 go to column C without ^ and ?
and then cursor jump down to column A row 2
thanks

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If the data is segmented correctly, Excel will tab to new column
It does so with Nova Scotia drivers licences
OR use Data| Text to Columns
best wsihes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Electron-Serve Depot" wrote in message
Hi
I try to get data from magnetic card reader into excel each cell from
its
data segment
any idea, thanks
simon