Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] gnuarm@gmail.com is offline

Default Displaying trendlines in legend (or not)

I have a scatter chart with sparce data. So to make the lines more
clear, I have added trend lines. I did this a few weeks ago and I got
the whole thing formatted the way I want. Now I have added a new data
series to the chart and when I tried to add a trendline it shows up in
the legend. But the data series is already there! So now I have four
data series with lines in the legend, along with the new data series as
well as the trendline separately.

I thought I might be able to fix this in the "Format data series"
dialog box, but when the trendline is in place, I can't select this
popup menu.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get the legend to display just the
data series and not the trendline?