Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default sumif with 2 condtion

Hello Daoud,

In general you need SUMIF for summing with one condition, SUMPRODUCT can be
used for summing with multiple conditions, e.g.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="xxx"),--(B1:B100=DATE(2006,11,5)),C1:C100)

This will sum column C where B contains the date 5th November 2006 and A
contains GL code xxx. Change ranges as necessary, you can't use whole columns.

Note: if GL code is numeric you don't need the quotes

"Daoud Fakhry" wrote:

Dear all,
I have my GL Code in Column A, payment date in Column B and amount in Colomn
C and my chart of account in columnt J. I also put a date on the top of my
sheet.
I want to us sumif function to find if the GL code and date is equal to my
favorite GL code and date then it should sum up my C column. Can any body
help me? Thanks in advance.
Daoud Fakhry