Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] jeff.taylor@virgin.net is offline

Default Sum a range of cells starting from an offset date list from TODAY()

Hi

I'm trying to sum a range of cells in a column adjacent to a column
with dates starting with a cell opposite todays date. I've tried two
ways with no success.

1) using VLOOKUP, ADDRESS, MATCH, etc in various combinations to try
and acertain the reference of the 1st cell opposite todays date, so as
to use that in the first part of SUM(??:B372).

eg ADDRESS(VLOOKUP(TODAY(),$A7:$N$372,COLUMN(),FALSE) ,COLUMN())

I've even tried getting the row reference and column reference
seperately and tried to join them together.

2) using SUMIF(A7:A38,A5,B7:B372) which gives me the value of the cell
opposite today (which is in cell A5). I've tried "A5" but this just
gives zero.

This must be easy!! but I just can't see how to do it. The SUMIF
function would appear to be the neatest but it doesn't seem to want to
accept "if the value is greater than TODAY()".

Is there any other way. I've been trying for a day now and have almost
given up.

Regards

Jeff