Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Excel 2002 - How to keep the formulas unchanged ?

Try this:

=INDIRECT("C"&ROWS($1:1))-INDIRECT("B"&ROWS($1:1))

--

HTH,

RD

"Mr. Low" wrote in message
Dear BJ,

I tried to key in the formula manually, it works.

However in real work situation, I have sometime up to 5000 cells need to
have this formula, copying the formula from the first cell to the others is
not working as the cell address within the foumula does not change.

Eg. =INDIRECT("B4")-INDIRECT("C4") wiull remain the same when it is copied
downwards. Is there anyway to overcome this problem ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"bj" wrote:

try
= indirect("C1")-indrect("B1")

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir,

May I know how to keep the formula in a cell at its stationary position
when
the other cell is moved ?

Lets consider the folowing worksheet example:

A B C D
1 = C1-B1
2 = C2-B2
3 = C3-B3
4

Formula =(C1-B1) is entered cell A1, however when cell C1 is cut and
moved
to position C2, the formula in cell A1 now becomes = (C2-B1).

Is there a way to keep the formula in column A remain unchanged even
if
column C is moved out from its original position (i.e. up, down, lefft
or
right) ?

Thanks

Low