Gordon

Old Bob wrote:
Can't access documents in microsoft excel which are on
floppy disk, I get the following message:
SSB&ING Accts.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-
only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location.
Or, the server the document is stored on may not be
responding.
I have never had this problem in the past, nothing on the
computer has changed. However, I am able to open word
documents on the same disk.
..

It's very bad practice to open ANY Office document directly from a
floppy disk. You are tempting Providence in that you may lose your
document in an instant. ALWAYS copy the document to your HDD and open it
from there.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk