Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Tip(s) from Excel User Conference

Lori posted that it crashes xl2002. But it works ok in xl2003.

Duke Carey wrote:

Well, Bob, I tried that little =SUM('*'!A1) trick and this is what I see

1) On entering the formula on Sheet 1, Excel immediately converts the '*' to
Sheet2:Sheet3
2) Excel immediately crashes

Tried it twicee with identical results

Using Win 2k and Office XP Pro

What's your configuration?

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" wrote:

Actually, the 3 presenters were Bob U (me), Damon Longworth, and Mike
Alexander (Jon P did not make it). The best tip I have is for you guys to buy
my book (tips) called "This isn't Excel, it's Magic"
(http://www.iil.com/iil/excelmagic). My tips & tricks presentation had tips
from this book. But, since you ask, I'll share a tip I just learned today!
Enter this in a cell:
=SUM('*'!A1) (that's single quotes around the *)
and then re-examine the formula. Sums all A1's from all sheets except the
sheet it was entered on.
Bob Umlas

"Epinn" wrote:

West Coast Excel User Conference
October 25 2006 - October 27 2006

I know Bob U. and Jon P. were presenters.

Did anyone else attend the conference?

If yes, wound you mind sharing with the group

one favourite tip that you took away.

As a matter of fact, anyone who didn't go but has an urge to tell your latest "discovery," you are more than welcome.

Look forward to a sharing spirit. The experts have been more than generous. Thank you!

Have a good weekend!

Epinn

--

Dave Peterson