Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gnjmh gnjmh is offline

Default problem opening saved files

Thanks, Mike, I looked and the xls ext is still attatched.

"Mike" wrote:

Make the sure that the file still has the ".xls" file extension on it (file
name.xls). I have had instances that an extension is stripped off and a
program will not recognize it.

"gnjmh" wrote:

I am having a problem with excel recognizing files that have been saved to my
documents folder. It will not open any of my excel programs from outside of
the program itself, only by clicking on the recent files list at the bottom
of the file menu. Can someone help, please. I need to send a file to my
daughter, but excel will not open the file.
We are both using excel / office 97
gmh