Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Copying subtotals

So you want to copy the visible cells only... Highlight the area you are
looking to copy and Hit F5 (or Ctrl + G or edit - GoTo) and then select
Special Cells - Visible Cells Only. Copy the cells and paste them to the new
sheet...

If you want to you could also change your SubTotals to Pivot Tables.
Generally they are a lot more efficient and flexible. Remove the subtotals
and then select Data - Pivot Table - Finish (when the wizard comes up).
Drag the fields onto the table and you are good to go...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"KG" wrote:

I have sorted a data base and created Subtotals, using DataSubtotals. Then I
collapsed the data so that only the subtotals are visible.

Now I want to create a Lookup table in a different worksheet, displaying
exclusively the Subtotals; I copied the first line of Subtotals from the data
base but, obviously, I cannot drag the formula down because of the hidden
rows in the data table. Is there a way (VBA or otherwise) to copy the
subtotals ONLY into a continuous table, other than the old reliable
point-and-click?