Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default how do I create multiple column width in the same column in excel

In , Biff
spake thusly:

You can't have different column widths within the same
column. The entire column must be the same width.

You could try merging 2 cells from adjacent columns but merging
cells can cause problems [. . . .]

One other possibility that might be useful to the OP is to use
custom formatting to fake differing column widths. E.g.,
pad numbers on the right for some of the cells.

-dman-

In , Biff
spake thusly:

You can't have different column widths within the same
column. The entire column must be the same width.

You could try merging 2 cells from adjacent columns but merging
cells can cause problems with some operations like sorting,
filtering, etc. if you haven't accounted for that in your design.

Biff

"Vish" wrote in message

I need to create spreadsheets where the width of the same column
needs to change for different rows. How do I do it?

Thanks