Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Create mutli-level subtotals

You could use a pivot table to summarize the data, and group the dates
by year, quarter, month, or days there. There are instructions and links
he

JR Hester wrote:
HAve I confused two MS applications again? Working on spreadsheet with dates
in column "A". Column A is a standard date format, with dates formatterd as
mm/dd/yyyy. Remaining columns have data to be subtotaled. I have set the
subtotals to change each time the date changes.
I get subtotals for each day(date) and a grand total. Here is the issue I am
wrestling with; I would like to "automatically" get additional subtotals for
WEEK, MONTH, QTR, and YEAR.
I thought I had run across a way to do this some time ago, but have been
unable to find the secret passage back there, now that I have the need. Or do
I have to create additional columns and extract a Week, Month, Qtr, and Year
from teh date column in order to make this work?

I have been though MOST of the posts on subtotals without success. Any
p[ointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the great support offered here.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures