Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
big-bob big-bob is offline

Default how do you use solver in excel 2003

Solver is an add-in utility for Excel that is not automatically there when
you load Excel onto a computer. Go to Tools, Add-ins, check Solver Add-In,
and OK. Then go to the help index and read all about Solver. I'm assuming
you understand the finance part but are having trouble getting the formula
started.
--
big-bob

"Larry Orange" wrote:

Hi, im not very familar with excel 2003. My professor wants us to use solver
to determine the efficient frontier for a portfolio consisting of 4 asset
classes plus a risk free asset. Ive got my table set up and everything but im
having trouble getting started. Any suggestions?