Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tom Hayakawa Tom Hayakawa is offline

Default How to delete a line segment?

Hi Bernard,

I would need someplace to put the N/A, and those places have numbers in them.

Here's a sample
Daily Total Monthly Total
Oct 30 15 150
Oct 31 10 160
Nov 1 7 7
Nov 2 8 15

Where would the N/A go in this instance? I want the Daily Total line to
continue without a break between Oct 1 an Nov 1, but I want the line segment
between Oct 31 and Nov 1 for the Monthly Total to disappear and start up
again between Nov 1 and nov 2. I am using dyanamic ranges and text values
for dates - I've learned a lot from reading all of the posts here. But I
haven't been able to find answer for this one.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Replace that value by =NA()
....if I understand the question correctly!
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Tom Hayakawa" wrote in message
I have a line chart that keeps track of daily values and also monthly
totals.
At the end of the month the monthly values line takes a steep drop back to
an initial value for the first day of the new month. Is there any way to
delete this line segment and still use the series as a whole? There will
be
more than one month's worth of data displayed. Thanks!