Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leslie M Leslie M is offline

Default Copying Formulas From One Column To Another??

Anddddd back to my first question... I inserted the "$" and it worked while I
was copying going across the worksheet. Now I would like to copy to cells
further down on the worksheet and it is changing my "$c1" to "$c14"... any
suggestions???

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Use dollar signs to make your column references constant.
Example.
$C1:$C100 IF $D1:$D100=DENISE AND $C1:$C100=X

Regards,
Paul

"Leslie M" wrote in message
I am setting up a worksheet to count the same data range but for various
people. Example
I am using the SUMPRODUCT function to add C1:C100 IF D1:D100=DENISE AND
C1:C100=X.
I would like to use the exact same data range but add for RYAN instead of
Denise. I have Ryan set up in his own column but when I copy and paste
the
formula from Denise's column, it moves the ranges; C1:C100 becomes C2:C101
AND D1:D100 becomes E1:E100 or something similar to that... it varies
sometimes and I'm sure it's because of how I am copying, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's getting to be more trouble
than it's worth to go in and change each formula for each cell.

Thanks!