Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leslie M Leslie M is offline

Default Copying Formulas From One Column To Another??

Thanks- that definitely did the trick. My other question- if you can help-
would be is there an easier way to enter my formulas meaning... if i have
column a set up to be what i want it to add for (1st time in, past customer,
etc) and the formula for denise is set up in column b as per my previous
question. If i am trying to now enter the formulas under denise's colum
($c1:$c100 = denise, then add $d1:$d100 =x) then i would like the next cell
below that to add ($c1:$c100= denise, then add $e1:$100=x as it pulls from
another worksheet in the same workbook. My question is is there any way to
"fill" (probably another term for this) the cells below the first one to go
from d to e to f to g while keeping c constant- does that make sense?

Thanks!

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Use dollar signs to make your column references constant.
Example.
$C1:$C100 IF $D1:$D100=DENISE AND $C1:$C100=X

Regards,
Paul

"Leslie M" wrote in message
I am setting up a worksheet to count the same data range but for various
people. Example
I am using the SUMPRODUCT function to add C1:C100 IF D1:D100=DENISE AND
C1:C100=X.
I would like to use the exact same data range but add for RYAN instead of
Denise. I have Ryan set up in his own column but when I copy and paste
the
formula from Denise's column, it moves the ranges; C1:C100 becomes C2:C101
AND D1:D100 becomes E1:E100 or something similar to that... it varies
sometimes and I'm sure it's because of how I am copying, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's getting to be more trouble
than it's worth to go in and change each formula for each cell.

Thanks!