Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anonymous Anonymous is offline

Default Ctrl-Space Column Selection No Longer Working

All StickyKeys are off.

Kris

"Dallman Ross" <dman@localhost. wrote in message
In . com,
spake thusly:

MPW schreef:

Recently, the Control+Space keyboard combination to select a
column in Excel (2003) stopped working. The Control and Space
keys work fine on their own and all other Control combinations
work. Shift+Space for row selection works also.

I have the same problem! Not only in excel, but in other programs
as well.

I can still do it this way:

Push RIGHT-CRTL+SPACE, release SPACE, push LEFT-CTRL, release
RIGHT-CRTL, push SPACE....

Any ideas? I think its a windows setting.

I'm wondering if you two haven't inadvertently turned on
Windows' Accessibility Options. (They can get turned on
if one absent-mindedly rests on one of the trigger keys,
such as Ctrl, for quite a few seconds.)

Go to the Control Panel and find Accessibility Options,
open them and turn them off if they're on. (And report
back here -- I'm now curious.)

-dman-