Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
macropod macropod is offline

Default Link to embedded spreadsheet

Hi Ted,

Simple: Save your document, then open the embedded source workbook select
the source cells and copy them. Then, open the embedded target workbook,
select the destination cells and use Edit|Paste Special to paste the data as
a link in Excel format.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"TedMi" wrote in message
I need to embed two spreadsheets in a Word doc - one has detail rows, the
other has summary. They must be on different pages, with text between

them.
How to link the summary to the detail, so that changes in detail rows are
automatically reflected in the summary? I know I can link to an external
spreadsheet, but want the doc to be self-contained within one file.

Thanks.
--
Ted