Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default chart question

In , 00KobeBrian
spake thusly:

Say I have a column of data and it contains either yes or no and
I want to draw a chart with how many yes and how many no. And I
don't want to count it one the spreadsheet. Instead I want to get
it from a chart. How can I do it? Thanks.

I suspect you'll need to use the sheet, though you could do it
in hidden cells, columns, rows, or sheets, or in other workbooks.

It might be possible to generate the charts with VBA code.
But it seems to me that the code would be quite a mess in comparison
to simply using the spreadsheet.

-dman-

===============================
"ChrisJ" wrote in message

I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am
going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I
think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right
data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart
itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to
chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way
you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha

"00KobeBrian" wrote:

Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a
chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am
using Excel 97. Thanks.