Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant PluckerŪ Pheasant PluckerŪ is offline

Default How to calculate total cost using fixed hourly rate from [h:mm:ss:]?

Thank you very much Nick, I wasn't sure how the time was stored...

Quick response and just the job!

Kind regards,
-=pp=-

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
If the time is in A1:

=A1*24*30

Time is stored as a faction of a day so *24 gives you the number of hours,

including a decimal part for minutes and seconds

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Pheasant PluckerŪ" wrote in message

| Hi there,
|
| I have a spreadsheet keeping track of time I spend on a project.
|
| The Total Time cell is formatted as Special and specified as [h:mm:ss:]
|
| I have a standard hourly rate and I would like to calculate the total

time
| spent & display the result in Pounds Sterling - the cell is already
| formatted as Currency
|
| For example the Total Time is 10h:01mm:41ss: and I want to multiply this

by