Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Harlan is offline

Default Adding rows without the links moving

I've created a set of workbooks, one that is a master inventory list, and the
rest that are recipe costing sheets (this is for a restaurant). What I want
to do is link the inventory products to the recipes back to the corresponding
production item on the inventory list. The problem that I keep having is
that if a add an item to the inventory list (row), the value in the recipe
changes because the link follows the cell not the value. Is there a way to
prevent this? Can I have these links locked in to specific values, no matter
if 2 or 10 rows are added.
Thanks