Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Raj Raj is offline

Default DES Encryption functionality

Whoa! I cant believe MS could be that loose... no arithmetic XOR
functionality... if I wanted to xor to numbers 0x48 and 0x54, how'd I do it?
Any help from anyone?
Raj

"Anthony D" wrote:

Hi Michael,

Was looking around Excel. My post re XOR may not be relevant,
in which case sorry for bandwidth.
In Tools, Options, Security, Advanced, there is an option to choose Weak
Encryption (XOR). Can't see DES as such. My guess is that there may be an
Excel add-in that could be obtained.

Hope that may be more helpful (?)

Anthony

"Michael P" wrote:

I am after a function or module that I can use or import into an Excel
spreadsheet to support DES encrypt/decrypt calculations?
Also, I aslo need to support XOR as well!
Thanks