Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BW BW is offline

Default connecting to back end server

I'm trying to set up an Excel front end that connects to an Access back end
on a server at work via MSQuery queries (also located on the server). It
works well as long as the server drive is mapped but gives a ODBC Microsoft
Access Driver Login Failed error if it is not mapped. All queries use the UNC
of the server, so it is not a drive letter issue (I've confirmed this by
changing the mapped drive letter and having no letter at all and it works
fine).
How can I fix this? Do I need to programmatically map the drive for other
users? If so, how? Is there a better way of going about this?