Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Result Based on Date Criteria

One way to count the January 2006 dates:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(H7:H129,"yyyymm")="200601"))

You may want to learn more about pivottables. You can group by month and year
and get a count for all your data pretty quickly.

pobm62 wrote:

Hi,

This is my first post but I want to thank everyone who has posted before me
as I have been able to learn so much from previous questions.

I have a column in a spreadsheet (H7:H129) that covers a range of dates -
and these dates can go across more than one year. I have learnt how to count
the number of times a certain month appears but now I want to count the
months dependent on the year, eg count how many entries there are for July
2006, September 2006, November 2006 etc.

This spreadsheet will be used for years into the future so I want it to
automatically read the year from the worksheet. There is already a cell in
the worksheet where the date is manually inserted at the start of the month.
It displays as mmm-yy.

Thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson