Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chrisnichols87 chrisnichols87 is offline

Default Grouping records together using a primary key style field

That's great, thanks a lot Simon

Chris

smw226 via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Hi Chirs,

Have a look at pivot tables.

This will easilly be able to do what you want.

HTH

Simon

chrisnichols87 wrote:
I'm trying to set up a barcode reader, which uploads enetered data into
an excel spreadsheet. The data is copied into excel in sererate
records, but I am struggling to figure out a way to group seperate
records into one single record if they have the same barcode number.
E.g:

Barcode Quantity
AA 2
DD 7
KK 9
AA 44
DD 12

I want this to be automatically changed to:

Barcode QuantityA QuantityB QuantityC
AA 2 44
DD 7 12
KK 9