Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] don_maestro_33@yahoo.com is offline

Default Help - Looking for a Sumproduct formula

Hello Friends - I am searching for a formula that will count how many
quotes and orders Jane is processing on a daily basis for a specific
region. The spreadsheet I am working on has two sheets:

Sheet one looks like this:
A B C D
Date Region Quote/Order Name
10/02/06 East Q Jane
10/02/06 West O Jane
10/02/06 West O Bill
10/02/06 West O Jane
10/02/06 West Q Jane
10/03/06 East O Bill

Sheet two looks like this:

Monday (10/02/06)

A B C D
Name Quote Orders Region
Jane 1 2 West
Bill 1 0 West

Is there a sumproduct formula that will calculate the amount of quotes
and orders Jane has processed for the west region on 10/02/06 in sheet
one onto column B and C of the second sheet? My guess is I am going to
need two formula's: one for column B (Quotes) and one for column C
(Orders).

In this example Jane processed 1 quote and 2 orders for the west region
on 10/02/06.

Any assistance is truly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe