Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pé is offline

Default cancelling getpivot formula when setting formula outside pivot

In stead of selecting the cell by clicking the button of your mouse to use in
your formule, you have to type the cell number in your formula (example type
=a2-b2 in stead of clicking on cell a2 & than on b2 with your mouse).

Normally this should do it.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

See Debra Dalgleish's website for GetPivotData instructions:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html#GetPivotData

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"cancelling getpivot formula" wrote:

In the office 2003 version an automatic getpivotdata formula is created when
setting a formula outside the pivot table.this makes it impossible to copy
the formula to other cells as all data becomes fixed.
how can I turn to my old formula setting mode?