Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Read- only Protect Folders and contents in WIN2K Server

What question didn't get answered?

The one about copying the workbook or the one about the headers/footers?

Tommydraw123 wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't think you can stop the workbooks/files from being copied. The user
could use windows explorer to copy to any location they want.

And any solution would probably include macros and macros can be disabled.

And you can't stop headers and footers from being changed either. But a
workaround that depends on macros being enabled is to (re)apply the headers and
footers to every worksheet that you want in the _beforeprint event.

Again, if macros are disable, then this won't help.

Tommydraw123 wrote:

I can protect the Word and Excel Documents. But how do You protect the files
from being Copied, Headers and Footers changed Changed or Moved. I tried
the read only allow function and deny everything else, but it still allows
it to do all of these things.

--

Dave Peterson
Thanks Dave that didn't answer any questions that were asked. These are hard question to answer I know.

--

Dave Peterson