Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default overline in Excel

I'm glad you like it! I've added it to the FAQs he

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#bar

And thanks Bernard, I look forward to that free drink. <g

James Silverton wrote:
Hello, Bernard!
You wrote on Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:47:58 -0400:

BL Wonderful! Why have you kept this a secret for so long <gr
BL ? I have seen this question so many times. Will buy you a
BL drink at the next Excel Users Conf!
BL best wishes
BL -- BL Bernard V Liengme
BL www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
BL remove caps from email

BL "Debra Dalgleish" wrote in
BL message ...
?? Before you type the character for which you want the
?? overbar, change the font to Symbol. To create the bar,
?? type the ` character (accent grave, may be above the Tab
?? key) Then, stay in Symbol font, or switch to a different
?? font, and type the character that has the overbar.
??

I wonder if the OP would consider posting this tip elsewhere? I'd never
heard of it before and I use Word a lot!
There are some problems in that the character is actually
(space)-overline but it is most useful.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures