Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
shikarishambu shikarishambu is offline

Default Excel equivalent of sql group by count

Thank you. that worked
"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Maybe something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((client_col="client_name")*(proj_statu s_col="live")
=SUMPRODUCT((client_col="client_name")*(proj_statu s_col="in progress")
=SUMPRODUCT((client_col="client_name")*(proj_statu s_col="delayed")

where
client_col: the range containing client names
proj_status_col: the range containing project status

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"shikarishambu" wrote:

I need to do the excel equivalent of sql group by count without pivot
tables
etc...

Scenario:

1) I have work sheet with list of clients
2) In another sheet I have all projects for all clients
One to many relationship between 1) and 2)

I need to report the summary of the project status for a client - 3 live,
2
in progress, 2 delayed.
In this case, there are 7 rows in sheet 2 and the status is a column in
the
row with three possible values "live", "in progress" and "delayed"

TIA