Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] joeu2004@hotmail.com is offline

Default How do I calculate Return on Investment in Excel

Jay_very_cool wrote:
Is there any function or button that calculates ROI

Bear in mind that there is more than one definition of ROI. It would
be helpful if you provided the definition you want. If you want the
compound ROI, I suspect that RATE(), IRR() or XIRR() will satisfy your
needs, depending on the complexity of your situation. Read the Help
page for each function, then post specific questions. By the way, XIRR
is part of the Analysis TookPak. It might not be readily available to
you, although it should be simple to install, if necessary, if you have
the Excel media.