Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Splitting cells - please help!

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:31:01 -0800, Danny boy
wrote:

Hi everyone,

i'm really sorry but i just don't get it, i really am a complete novice with
this. i'm very sorry for not providing clarity earlier. i have had some
success, i have managed to 'TRIM' my data removing all the spaces except
between words. now my data looks like this in A1:

Fire training Health and Safety First Aid

there is one space only between each word. is there anyway i can split out
so fire training stays in A1, Health and Safety goes to B1 and First Aid goes
to C1. i would then need to drag this formula down for A2, B2, C2, D2 etc

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for what you have provided so far, i'm trying to
understabnd but i struggle with codes, vba etc.

Using TRIM would make it impossible to use the solution I supplied. It would
probably make it impossible to use any of the other posted solutions, also,
given that your data is all on one line.

--ron