Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Sorting a Soccer PointsTable

Hello Domenic,
The formulas worked well with one exception. As I don't fully understand the
formulas you used I could not get the one particular table to read correctly.

Here is the incident that the formulas don't work with. The 2nd option for
column "I" is the best as you said, but it sorts this case incorrectly for
the 1st two places only.

Column Letter === D E I
Group D GD Pts
Olympiacos 0 1 Roma
Valencia 3 9 Valencia
Roma 4 6 Olympiacos
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 1 Shakhtar Donetsk

According to the points Valencia should be on top then Roma and the last two
are correct.

Could you see if you would be able to sort it out.

Thnak you and best regards

Max

"Max" wrote:

Hello Domenic,
You Champion!
Thank you, what I did was build a table to use the same cell references that
you had in your formula's and the formula's work perfectly.
Now I will adapt the formula's to my tables accordingly.

Well done and than you again.

Best regards

Max

"Domenic" wrote:

Did you adjust the references accordingly?

Did you confirm the formula for the second approach with
CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER?

In article ,
Max wrote:

Hello Domenic,
How do I attach an Excel spreadsheet, I will send it to you. May be this
will help.

For some or other reason I am missing it with the formulas you sent me.
I still get numbers, I need to be able to display the team names according
to the three ranking criteria.

Thank you for your help.

Max