Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dr. Darrell Dr. Darrell is offline

Default If I have a colunm of numbers, can I format to highlite the sm

Roger:

Sometimes I need to be slapped across the head with a 2 x 4.

Yes indeed, I needed to highlite the cells first. That did work.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Did you do as Biff said and SELECT the range first?
In your case select J6:J22, then apply the Conditional Formatting with
Biff's formula.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
Biff:

Thanks for your reply. This didn't work for me. My Range is actually
J6:J22
so I substituted:

=AND(J6<"",J6=MIN(J$6:J$22))

Does it make a difference if the values in the cells are dirived from
formular,
<<< =IF(D6=0,0,((C6/(D6*2))+G6))

Darrell

"Biff" wrote:

Try this:

Assume your numbers are in the range A1:A5
Select the range A1:A5
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(A1<"",A1=MIN(A$1:A$5))
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Biff

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
If I have a colunm of numbers, can I conditionally format to
highlite the
smallest value in the colunm?