Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Puls Ken Puls is offline

Default Need help with formula.

Hi there,

I placed your data (excluding headers) in A3:D8. I then put your
criteria in A1:D1 (10/30/06, West Region, O, Jane)

Then put this in a cell somewhere on the sheet:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A8=A1),--(B3:B8=B1),--(C3:C8=C1),--(D3:D8=D1))

You'll get a count of 1 with the data you gave. If you insert another
line in the middle and copy the last line in there, you'll increase to 2.

HTH,

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
www.excelguru.ca

Joe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find a formula that will count selected information.
For instance, I have a spreadsheet that has multiple data with many
different columns. However, I am only interested at counting all the
transactions that took place on 10/30/06, West Region, O, Jane placed
on this date.

A B C D
Date Region Descripion Name
10/28/06 North Q Frank