Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to make excel auto fill in date and current time

Alice

You can enter the date in a cell by hitting CTRL + ;

Time by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;

To have it automatically entered would require event code that would enter the
date in one cell and the time in another.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 30 Oct 2006 16:01:32 -0800, wrote:

Is there a way to make an excel spread sheet with columns that, when
clicking in a cell, will automatically fill in the current date, and in
a different column do the same with the current time? I've looked under
Format Cells, Auto Format, and Conditional Format, and can't find
anything of the sort, but I thought I heard somewhere that this is
possible.