Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tec92407 Tec92407 is offline

Default Floating bar chart - How?

I'd like to create a floating bar chart that charts event status over a 24
hour period.

For example, If I have 10 servers name server01 thru server10 and each
server has a backup scheduled to start at a specific time and duration, I'd
like to be able to chart them on a stacked bar chart so I could see if the
backup duration overlaps between them.

I'm using Office Excel 2003.

Here is an example of the data I'll using

name Begin Duration hh:mm
Server01 10:00 PM 2:00
Server02 11:00 PM 3:00
Server03 01:00 AM 1:00
etc...

I tried using a floating bar chart but I couldn't figure out how to change
the scale in the horizontal direction to start at 12:00 AM and end at 12:00
AM (24Hrs) in ncrements of 1/2 hour

Can anyone take me to thru the steps to crate a chart like this?

thanks