Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Add a formated date button for Excel 2002 tool bar

CTRL + ; will enter a static date.

Or a macro you can assign to a button on your toolbar.

Sub NOWDATE()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Date, "dd/mm/yy")
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 04:14:01 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Dear Sir,

May I know is there a way to add a Formated Date Button to the tool bar for
Excel 2002 ?

I am currently using MS Excel 2002 in my office.

Usually when I would like to convert a number to date, I would right click
the mouse, go to format cell, then to date, then to locale, choose English
(Australia) then select 14/03/01. The date is convertyed correctly.

However when I tried to add a date button to the tool bar, I could not find
any date button under "customized tool bar" for me to drag out.

May I know is there a way to add a Formated Date Button to the tool bar for
this version of Excel ? If not is there any other shorter way of doing it ?

Please help.

Thanks
Low