Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul paul is offline

Default Please help me with my quote workbook

dont be afraid to use helper cells,it makes it more transparent and
obviousHave your price linked in one cell,quantity in another and result in
another.Then a seperate sum for all the seperate results.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Novice" wrote:

I am trying to create a quote sheet that includes several cells that refer to
price values in a different workbook. I figured out how to referance the
other workbook, but I can't seem to formulate a calculation with only cells
in a string that are choosen with a value. For example, row 2 includes
several different product variations from B:M which should only be calculated
if a value (quantity) is entered. Such as 2-B2 and 1-D2. Heres how I've tried
to write the formula to be entered in N2:
B2*'[otherworkbook]!'$A$4+C2*'[otherworkbook]!'$G$12...etc...
The problem is that the formula is calculating cells in the destination that
have not been chosen with a value in the cell.
I only want the cells in the row that have been chosen with a value
(quantity) to be calculated.
Sorry about my inexperiance with exel