Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curtis Curtis is offline

Default Calulating the number of days an employee works

Sorry I am not sure I provided enough detail

I need the formula to be able to distiguish between employee ID and
different days worked. AN employee can represent multiple instances of work
in the same day

SO far I have

SUMPRODUCT(('Employee Data'!$L$5:$L$260<"")/COUNTIF('Employee
Data'!$L$5:$L$260,'Employee Data'!$L$5:$L$260&""))

but that just tells me the nunber of different days in total and does not
seperate by employee

Thanks

ce

"excelent" wrote:

OK put all employeenames in colum eg. N5:N? only onse
then put this formula in O5 and copy down for all employee i column N

=SUMPRODUCT(($J$5:$J$260=N5)*($L$5:$L$260))

"Curtis" skrev:

Employee Names are located in the sheet and range

('Employee Data'!$J$5:$J$260=$A24)

Where $a24 = unique employee ID

"excelent" wrote:

I ned to no where employeenames are (ges there names are in several rows)?
and u ned to have the names somwhere only onse to calcuate with

"Curtis" skrev:

I currently use the following formula below to caculate the number of days
worked by each emloyee

=SUMPRODUCT(('Employee Data'!$L$5:$L$260<"")/COUNTIF('Employee
Data'!$L$5:$L$260,'Employee Data'!$L$5:$L$260&""))

However this formulae was used when each employee information was seperated
in seperate sheets.

I need to add a string to this fomrula that calcualtes the number of
different days worked by each employee (all employee information is now
compiled in a single sheet

Hopefully this make s sense

Thanks

ce