Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default How to write a quote formula using only the cells selected with va

I don't follow everything you are saying, but this formula will produce a
blank cell if either B10 or C10 are blank. Is this what you mean? HTH
Otto
=IF(AND(B10="",C10=""),"",your formula here)

"Novice" wrote in message
I am trying to create a quote sheet using several cells in a string. While
have figured out how to consult values in another workbook, I am unable to
write the formula so that it only calcuates those cells in the string that
is
selected with a value. Example:
=B10*'[otherworkbook]!'$C$8+C10*'[otherworkbook]!'$C$9 etc..
B10 and C10 representing cells on my quote sheet that should only be
calculated when a value is entered. At this time the outcome of the
formula
has a value before there is a value entered in any cell at all.
I hope you can help, and I appologize for my inexperiance with excel.
Thank you